Erie Catholic Inaugural Board of Directors include (sitting, l-r) Damon Finazzo, Jerry Wegley, Jim Gallagher. (Standing, l-r) John Blakeslee, Sr. Mary Drexler, Fr. John Malthaner, Fr. Scott Jabo, Janice Whiteman.
The Erie Catholic Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing the Catholic identity, educational quality and operational vitality of the system of schools. Members approve the budget and help identify strategies for long-term growth. To complement the work of the board, each of the six schools in the system has a parent organization to assist the principal and support the school.
Board members are:
- John Blakeslee, president of A.F. Schultz Company
- Ed Curtin, president of Mercyhurst Preparatory School
- Sister Mary Drexler, SSJ, veteran educator
- Damon Finazzo, president of the Erie Catholic School System
- James Gallagher, superintendent of Catholic schools for the Diocese of Erie
- Father Scott Jabo, president of Cathedral Prep and Villa Maria Academy
- Father John Malthaner, pastor, St. Luke, Erie, and former headmaster, Venango Catholic
- Dennis Prischak, Plastek industries, Inc.
- Bridget Shames, Glowacki Management Co.
- Richard Wachter, Kidder Wachter Architecture and Design
- Atty. Jerome Wegley, Knox Law Firm
- Professor Janice Whiteman, Gannon University School of Education