EITC Program | St. George School - Erie, PA
Pennsylvania business owners can reduce their state tax liability by making a tax credit gift to Saint George School through the Diocese of Erie Star Foundation.
Proceeds from this program go to The Saint George Scholarship Fund.
- Complete and submit an EITC application with the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), which will then determine whether your business qualifies for the credit. The application is a very simple, one-page form.
- Your business should receive an approval letter from the DCED, stating the Star Foundation is an approved organization and is able to receive your tax credits. Letters are generally sent within 10 business days. Once in receipt of the approval letter, your business has 60 days to makes the tax credit gift to the STAR Foundation.
- It is very important to remember to restrict your tax credit gift to Saint George School. Any funds that are not restricted to Saint George will be distributed throughout the diocese.
- Please notify Saint George School of your gift.
- Thank yourself for making an investment in education and a difference in the life of a child.
The Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program lets your business:
- Receive a tax credit equal to 75% of your gift to the STAR Foundation, up to a maximum of $300,000 per taxable year.
- Increase the tax credit to 90% of your contribution if the business agrees to provide the same amount of contribution to an organization for two consecutive years.
- For contributions for pre-kindergarten scholarships, receive a tax credit equal to 100% of the first $10,000 contributed and up to 90% of the remaining amount contributed up to a maximum credit of $100,000 annually.
On behalf of the students and faculty, we thank the following businesses for their participation and continued support and investment in the Saint George School community:
Bayside - Hamot Medical
Bishop & Company Investment Management LLC
Church & Murdock
Great Lakes Metals
Hamot Medical Center
McCreary Roofing Company
Reddog Industries, Inc.
Todd M. Powers - State Farm Insurance