Preschool Program | St. George School - Erie, PA
Entering preschool is a big step for children and their parents! The staff and faculty of the Saint George School preschool program recognizes that each child is an individual, with unique gifts to develop and share with others. We also believe that preschool is a time to have fun and a place to learn how to socialize with other children.
Early Childhood Development Center
Saint George School has an early childhood development center that offers state of the art facilities for our 2, 3, and 4-year-old preschool students. The center provides a bright, cheery environment to stimulate young minds.
Saint George Preschool Program
Saint George School offers preschool programs for 2, 3, and 4-year-old children.
The Saint George School preschool program offers daily instruction in reading and math readiness, gross and fine motor development skills, music, art, and religion.
The children also have scheduled free play time to allow them to develop friendships and social skills. Readiness and motor skills are adapted for the individual, and teachers provide extra assistance in the areas that are challenging for the child.
Students enrolled in the Saint George School preschool program also participate
in a variety of fun and educational activities, including the use of the gym and playground.
Sessions & Hours
3-Year-Old Preschool Program:
- 3-Year-Old Morning Session: Tuesday and Thursday (8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
- 3-Year-Old Full Day Session: Tuesday and Thursday (8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- 3-Year-Old PLUS Program: 3-Year-Old Plus Program: Monday - Friday (8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Students enrolled in either our 3 or 4-year-old preschool programs can utilize our Before and After School Program. This program is available from 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and/or 3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
4-Year-Old Preschool Program:
- 4-Year-Old Morning Session: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 4-Year-Old Full Day Session: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 4-Year-Old PLUS Program: 4 Year-Old Plus Program: Monday - Friday (8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Students enrolled in either our 3 or 4 year old preschool programs can utilize our Before and After School Program. This program is available from 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and/or 3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Before and After Preschool Program
The Before and After Preschool Program is an option, separate from the preschool program above, that allows for full-day childcare. Preschool children can be brought to the Before and After Program starting at 7 a.m. and picked up by 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. This program can be used in conjunction with the preschool classes and is extremely flexible. Billing will only occur for the hours your child attends outside of the preschool. Your child must be registered in the program in order to utilize this service.
- Music, art, story time, and instruments
- Hands-on play, sorting, sensory related play
- Focus on developing skills & concepts related to counting, colors, shapes, language arts, weather, circle time
- Letter and number recognition and writing
- Outdoor playground that's is equipped with swings, climbing and sliding options, and offers a large greenspace for running and jumping
- Recognition and reciting rhymes, songs, and games
- Fine Motor skill hand coordination development with play dough, puzzles, art, songs, coloring and painting
- Gross Motor skill development through running, jumping, climbing, rolling, crawling, kicking and throwing a ball
- Learning the concepts of weather and seasons
- Science Study to include learning body parts, identifying animals, learning about flowers, leaves and snow
- Language development to improve language skills and build vocabulary
- Celebrations and holidays
- Social Skill development appropriate behavior, labeling feelings, controlling emotions, building confidence, friendships
If you would like to visit our school and tour our facilities please call our office at (814) 864-4821 and we will schedule a time that is convenient for you.
You and your preschool child are invited to the Saint George School Preschool Orientation, held in August, one week prior to the start of the school year. At this time the parents, children, and teachers spend time together and answer questions for the new school year. You will receive a letter in August regarding the date and time.