The Our Lady of Peace School Family & School Association (FSA) was established to utilize the combined talents of the parents and teachers of the students of Our Lady of Peace School to:
- Promote the social, intellectual, moral and spiritual welfare of the students
- Enhance relationships between parents and teachers
- Provide financial aid to the school in order to assure continuing educational activities
- Promote family-centered activities for the school
The FSA was renamed in 2010 to be more inclusive of today's families including grandparents, aunts, uncles and anyone else who helps to care for our students. In addition to the many functions outlined below the FSA coordinates the publication of the school directory which are published and can be ordered at the start of each school year.
Elections for FSA Board positions are held in the spring. All members are eligible for the open positions.
The FSA Board meets on the first Thursday of the month.
FSA operations include:
The FSA contributes the majority of the funds raised to the school for a variety of needs including but not limited to technology, field trip funding and Arts Day. Funds are also used for the family activities sponsored by the FSA. Some of the FSA fund raising efforts include:
- Save Around Erie Coupon Book Sale (Fall)
- Easter Candy Sale (Spring)
- “Free” Money:
- Giant Eagle Apples for students: usually runs November through March. Your Giant Eagle advantage card must be registered to OLP (school ID 0804) in order for the school to collect points on your purchases
- Box Tops for Education: October through April
- Funding Factory: Ink cartridge and cell phone recycling: year round
- Target School Fund Raising: Target cards linked to OLP
- Tyson ProjectA+: labels from specially marked Tyson products:
- The Used Uniform Sale (this is mainly operated as a service to our families as it generates limited funds) (August)
These activities are designed to promote parents and students spending time together, along with other school families. Most of the programs are held at the school, and are highly dependent upon parent volunteers to be successful. These include: Family Bingo Nights, Lunch with Santa and The Caring Tree.
In addition to the family activities, the FSA holds special activities for the students during school hours for certain holidays:
- Halloween and Christmas parties
- Santa Shop (students are able to purchase Christmas gifts for immediate family members
All of the teachers, including the support staff, receive gift cards from the FSA at the beginning of the year and then again during Catholic Schools week, for use for any classroom supplies. The FSA also sponsors a Staff Appreciation Dinner at the end of the year with gift certificates for the teachers’ personal use as our way of saying thank you for caring for our children all year. We also try to support special requests for library, A/V and science materials, or any other need that may arise during the year that was not in the school budget.