Over 75 years of Catholic Education and Bulldog Pride!!!!!
On October 30, 1938, Bishop Gannon laid the cornerstone for the combination school and auditorium. In the Fall of 1939, the doors of Blessed Sacrament were opened! The Sisters of Saint Joseph formed and shaped many students into successful men and women.
In 1952, Sister Damian Schrock was appointed Principal of a growing student body of 395 students in 6 grades. By the year 1958, there were 1,000 students attending Blessed Sacrament School. . In 1958, a ten-room addition was added to the school.
In 1963, Monsignor Connelly had the foresight to preserve Blessed Sacrament School by establishing an endowment fund. Also, at this time, the Auditorium, Gymnasium, Cafeteria and Rectory Complex began construction.
In 1970, Sr. Mary Arnold obtained kitchen equipment, tables and chairs so the NEW cafeteria could be opened. Sr. Marie Corde followed in Sr. Mary Arnold’s footsteps and opened the Library and Kindergarten was introduced. May 7, 1972, Blessed Sacrament School and Parish celebrated Dedication Day.
In 1982, renovations and rebuilding of the school began. Sr. Mary Alice Reed was Principal. To this day, Sr. Mary Alice Reed holds the longest tenure as Principal. All Bulldogs remember her days as Principal.
Blessed Sacrament is a school steeped in tradition. Generations of families have been a part of BSS and we hope your family will join us!